Saturday 10 December 2011

Dean Martin and Christmas cookies

I really love making Christmas cookies, nothing beats listening to Christmas music and baking cookies. I was told to make these cookie stamps beautiful. I decided to up the ante and make them super fancy, instead of just stamping the dough, I used it to emboss fondant. Then I piped over it and eventually painted them with gold dust. I made my favorite shortbread recipe, once the dough was made I chilled it in the fridge for about 30 minutes. To roll out any type of dough I recommend using a wooden rolling pin and 2 pieces of parchment paper so that it rolls out evenly and doesn't stick to anything. To dye the dough, I mixed it by hand using a paste color. But remember you should always add a lot of color at once so that you don't over work the dough. To stick the fondant to the cookies I used water and paint brush. The sugars from the cookie and the fondant act like glue once it hardens.













No comments:

Post a Comment