Saturday 10 December 2011

She's my Faux cherry pie

 This was a lot of fun to make! I love when I visualize the design in my mind and somehow I make it a reality. I just kind of wing it and hope for the best, 99% of the time it actually works.
Here's the deal, to make cherry's I used gum paste and rolled them into little balls. To make the pie colored crust I used a combination of colors, then I used piping jelly to let the fondant stick to the pie plate. After I covered it, I cut a big hole in the center because I didn't want to waste the fondant. I quickly worked the fondant around the pie plate edges then trimmed the excess with mini scissors.
I used thick royal icing as filler and it added height, then I stuck the cherry'son top. I wanted a syrupy looking texture that would harden, so I used glucose and died it red.















No comments:

Post a Comment